Monday, April 03, 2006

Standardization Club !

I'm a fan of standardization management. If there existed a club for fans of this idea, I would definitely join that. The thing is when I use the term "standardization management", I mean companies can benefit alot from standardizing the components of their products and services. This issue decreases complexity through supply chain significantly.One example in service area is Southwest Airlines: because their planes are only Boeing 737, if for example one pilot becomes sick, they could easily assign another pilot to that plane and the pilot is familiar with cockpit, control panel and these stuff (no training is needed). Maintenance and repair and supplier relationship would also become much more easier too. I will try to touch apon this issue more in future.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Agreed, haha, let's start a standardization club right away!

You acn be chairman and I will be your first member.

7:31 PM  

Post a Comment

Supply Chain Management Forum